In order to get notified when your bilge pump runs you must have a number greater than 0 entered in your "Max Daily and Hourly Cycles Fields".
If an hourly cycle threshold = 0 : no alert will be sent (push notification, text, email)
If an hourly cycle threshold > 0 : alert will be sent when the threshold is met, not exceeded
If an hourly cycle is set to: 5, an alert will be sent when hourly cycle count = 5
If a daily cycle threshold = 0 : no alert will be sent (push notification, text, email)
If a daily cycle threshold > 0 : alert will be sent when the threshold is met, not exceeded
daily cycle set to: 10, an alert will be sent when daily cycle count = 10
Max runtime threshold MUST be > 0, the app will not allow customers to set this to 0.
Bilge is considered a critical alert, and can not be completely nullified. Since we created a scenario where a customer can nullify hourly and daily alerts, we need at least one condition to send an alert (max runtime)
- Customers will only receive one hourly cycle alert per hour (if hourly cycle count is met)
- 1 alert from 00:00:00-00:59:59, 1 alert from 01:00:00-01:59:59 etc.
- Customers will only receive 1 daily cycle alert per day (if daily cycle count is met)
- 1 alert from 00:00:00-23:59:59.
- Hourly cycle counter resets every hour.
- Bilge alerts 5 times from 08:00:00-08:50:00 hourly count: 5. at 09:00:00 hourly count: 0.
- Daily cycle counter resets every day.
- Bilge alerts 10 times from 08:00:00-22:00:00: daily count: 10. at 0000: daily count: 0.
- Bilge turning on/off will still generate an event in the events log.
- eg; hourly cycle threshold set to 5, daily cycle threshold set to 10, max runtime set to 30- bilge runs 3 times, 10 seconds each time. No alert is sent to the user (because no thresholds were exceeded). Events log shows 3 counts of "Bilge on" "Bilge off"